DAAD Scholarship 2020 for Masters and PhD Germany:
DAAD Scholarships 2020 are open to international students from all over the world who want to pursue higher education at the best German universities. These are fully funded scholarships for Master and PhD and provide, depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
Well-trained experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Music, Design
- Engineering Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
Here you can find Postgraduate Course of your interest.
Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
|You may be interested in: Gates Cambridge Scholarship in UK 2020 For Masters & PhD (Fully Funded) – worx|
Islamic Development Bank Scholarship 2020 (Fully Funded) – worx
Romania Government Scholarship 2020 by Ministry of Foreign Affairs – worx
Why Study in Germany?
Why is Germany a great study destination? Located in the heart of Europe and without tuition fees, find out why Germany could be the perfect place to get your degree abroad …
1. Quality institutions
Germany is the most popular non-English-speaking study destination in the world and has some of the best ranked universities in Western Europe. In 2015, the Times Higher Rankings placed LMU Munich in 29th position in the world, Heidelberg University in 37th place and Humboldt University of Berlin in 49, while many other institutions are listed after 100. Recognized by the Quality of its latest generation teaching and facilities, the German Government is also very dedicated to higher education. German state funds research projects are carried out every year, which allows students to carry out their own individual projects and cutting-edge research.
2. There are no tuition fees
You may have dreamed of studying in Europe, but you are worried about how you will finance your studies. Germany may be the right place for you! Studying undergraduate in Germany is FREE. Yes, you read it right! Even as an international student, you don’t have to pay fees or tuition fees, because in Germany the registrations are free of charge. In fact, at the end of your undergraduate studies at a German university you can be chosen to pursue a postgraduate degree that is also free. Without tuition fees you can save extra money for accommodation, study material, socialization and know nearby places.
3. Job Opportunities
After graduation, international students can stay up to 18 months in Germany to look for a job, a generous amount of time compared to many other European countries, such as the United Kingdom, where they can be three months after graduation. In 2014, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) reported that about 50% of international students reside in the country after graduation, reflecting the appetite and demand to remain in the nation to work . Universities also have excellent links with companies, this gives them an advantage in the search for internships or placement. According to the results of the Times Higher Education’s Global Employability University Ranking,
4. Quality of life
Life as a student in Germany is undoubtedly impressive. Most major German cities such as Berlin, Munich and Hamburg are centers of culture, art and music. There is so much to see and do, no matter what your interests, this is the perfect place to be a curious international student. If you are interested in sports, politics, history or art, you will find your niche market and a crowd with similar interests to yours. Due to a strong economy and infrastructure, it has a reliable, safe and fast public transport, which means that moving is very easy. During the day you can explore the impressive architecture, medieval castles and parks and at night enjoy the great life in the main cities.
5. International environment
Germany is a breeding ground for students and international multiculturalism. With so many university studies taught in English and no tuition fees, international students from all over the world are naturally attracted to the country. Last year, more than 300,000 international students studied in the nation and that amount is expected to increase even more. It is also located in the heart of Western Europe that allows easy access and travel to other countries in the area, where you can discover new cultures and visit places of interest.
What are you waiting for? Start your study adventure in Germany today!
DAAD Scholarship 2020 for Masters and PhD Germany provide the recipient with following benefits:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- One-off study allowance.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2020 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English, German.The language of instruction in study program in Germany is usually German, or in international program English. To be admitted to a program, you are therefore usually required to submit an appropriate language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF if the language of instruction is German and IELTS if the language if instruction is English.
- Eligible Countries: All world Countries.
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2020?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are some points on how to apply for DAAD Scholarship 2020 for Masters and PhD Germany:
Documents Required for DAAD Scholarship:
- A hand-signed Motivation Letter with reference to current occupation, maximum of 2 pages
- A hand-signed CV. Please use the Europass specimen form: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- Academic letter/s of recommendation. The letters must have a letterhead, a signature, and an office stamp and must be of recent date.
- Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer. The letter must have a letterhead, a signature, and an office stamp and must be of recent date.
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and – if possible – a guarantee of reemployment.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary)
- Certified copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Proof of language abilities:
- English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL)
- German – necessary for the courses taught in German
Please note that the University you are applying for may require additional documents. Please check with the website of the according to the postgraduate course. Also check with the requirements of the University whether certified copies are required.
For Online Application:
- Find suitable course of your interest.
- Apply to university offering that course.
- Find suitable DAAD Scholarship or Research Grant according to your study program.
- Register in the DAAD portal
- Request references
The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section “Request reference” after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. In each case, please provide your referee with the application address thus enabling him/her to send the recommendation letter there direct.
- Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the other application documents to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
- Sending application documents by post
References must be sent in the unopened envelope to the application location.
- For applicants from non-EU countries:
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. “Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods, no merchandise value, no insurable value)”.
To know more about DAAD Scholarship 2020 for Masters and PhD Germany, please visit official website:
- 24 fully-funded programmes for International Students at Maastricht University i…
- Victoria University International VCE Scholarship in Australia – worx
- Victoria University International VCE Scholarship in Australia – worx
- Clarendon Fund Fully-funded Scholarships at Oxford University in UK, 2020-2021 – worx